Feasts of Mary Magdalene on July 22, opening of the path of Mary Magdalene from Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer to Sainte-Baume, arrival in Marseille of two pilgrims following in the footsteps of the saint to Jerusalem… The opportunities were too numerous not to mark the occasion!
The Marseille region hotel will host this Tuesday, July 18, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., a round table on the theme of Mary Magdalene. Many specialists will be present:
- Martine Guillot, secretary of the association of the Paths of saints and saints of Provence
- Brother Patrick-Marie Bozo, Dominican, rector of the sanctuary of Sainte-Baume (Var)
- Sylvaine Landrivon, theologian, co-president of the Skirt Committee
- Pascale Leger, teacher of classics, Latin and Greek
- Celine Anaya Gautier and Claire Colette, pilgrims. Since April 9, they have embarked on a ten-month march from France to Israel. The goal? Open a pilgrimage route in the footsteps of Mary Magdalene and question the role of women in the Church.
The round table will be moderated by Muriel Fauriat, journalist at Pilgrim, responsible for the Books section, member of the jury for the Pèlerin prize for testimonials and the “En chemin” prize.
To animate the evening, several themes around the saint will be discussed:
- “Les Saintes, the place of the beginning, and the path of Mary Magdalene”
By Martine Guillot
- “La Sainte-Baume, Saint-Maximin: the 3rd tomb of Christianity, history of the sanctuary and of the pilgrimage. The charism of Mary Magdalene.”
By Brother Patrick-Marie Bozo
- “Mary Magdalene in the Gospel and in the Church, History and Theologies”
By Sylvaine Landrivon
- “The facets of Mary Magdalene in the arts and letters”
By Pascale Leger
- “To Jerusalem in the footsteps of Mary Magdalene”
By Celine Anaya Gautier