LIFE STORY MASTER CLASSES
A writer and a journalist from a Bayard press title co-host two writing sessions on Zoom around a theme linked to “Life Story”. At the end of the first session and the writing lesson, participants are encouraged to write a text which will be commented on during the second session. Throughout the master class, participants interact with the author. A souvenir booklet, including their texts and the writer’s writing lesson, is offered to them.
The next master classes 2023:
- WRITING ABOUT THE WOMEN IN MY FAMILY with Joséphine Lebard Tuesday, November 21 and December 5, 2023 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
And also in 2024:
- TELL A MEMORY with David Foenkinos – FEBRUARY 2024
- WRITE A POEM (between roots and exiles) with Katerina Apostolopoulou – MARCH 2024
- GET INSPIRED BY A FAMILY PHOTO with Irène Frain – MARCH 2024
- WRITE GRACE (share a spiritual experience) with Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt – APRIL 2024
- IMAGINE A CHARACTER’S QUEST with Timothée de Fombelle – MAY 2024
- THESE HOUSES WE LOVE with Alain Vircondelet – JUNE 2024
- WRITE CHILDHOOD with Daniel Picouly- JUNE 2024
- SHARED HERITAGE with Carole Martinez – OCTOBER 2024
- WEAVING THE SMALL AND BIG STORY with Franck Ferrand – OCTOBER 2024
- WORDS TO GET THROUGH THE ORDEAL with Frédéric Boyer – NOVEMBER 2024
THE JOURNEYS I WRITE ABOUT MY LIFE
Bayard and Aleph-Scripture – a writing school founded in Paris by literature teachers and which has since become the number one in France for writing support – offer you various face-to-face writing workshop programs, especially designed for you, on the highlights of your life.
1 – THE WORKSHOPS I WRITE ABOUT MY LIFE My origins, the events of my life, family portraits, the objects and places of my life, my professional life… Workshops on the highlights of your life, à la carte and accessible to all. The “I create my collection of life stories” workshop allows you to prepare your book based on the texts created in the workshop.
2 – WRITING RESIDENCES I WRITE ABOUT MY LIFE The one-week stays “I write about my life” allow you to work on the raw material that is best known to you, your own memories, according to di erent themes: my origins and family portraits, the places of my life, the objects of my life, the events of my life, in carefully chosen places: in Ardèche, in Brittany, in Normandy, on the roads to Compostela…
3 – WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR LIFE STORY We offer you the adventure of written transmission to the publication of the book of your life. You will be supported by the Aleph-Scripture team specializing in the transmission of life stories to create your book.
4 – RESUME AND FINALIZE YOUR LIFE STORY You have already started writing your life story, for one reason or another, your project could not be completed. You would like to be accompanied.
To find out more, go here.
A MUSIC, HISTORY AND WRITING CRUISE
ALONG THE ELBE AND MOLDAU
During an exclusive itinerary, discover the hidden treasures of Bohemia, Prague and Dresden, famous cities of art and history. On board, the historian Franck Ferrand) and the pianist Nicolas Stavy will host conferences and concerts. Catherine Lalanne, editor-in-chief at Le Pèlerin, will run writing workshops alongside them, throughout the day, around history and music. To find out more, go here.